An experienced lawyer with a demonstrated history of working in the legal services industry both in-house and in private practice. Skilled in negotiation, strategic planning, business development, legal research, and strategy. Strong consulting professional graduated from the Guildford College of Law.
Over a number of varied roles, John has gained extensive experience in both commercial and residential property work. John’s experience includes working in-house and has particular knowledge of the Middle East. He has also held directorships in several overseas trading companies that manage international commercial contracts.
John is a transactional lawyer and trusted advisor, well known for his tenacity and can-do attitude. He oversees most aspects of real estate acquisition, development/property trading and disposal, undertaking project due diligence and advising clients on corporate governance and asset management issues.
John understands clients often require a wider business offering in the context of a transaction and regularly consults with colleagues and partners in the tax, accountancy and financial sectors, all of whom pull together to provide an optimum strategy.
Key experience and career highlights to date
- Part of the team managing an asset transfer from various local authorities to Middlesex University, including acquisition and development of student accommodation at Somerset Gardens and Falcon Fields
- Sale of a boutique hotel in London W2 for £12.5 million
- Acquisition of a commercial building in W1 for redevelopment and subsequent resale, with a project cost of £35 million
- Sale of a mansion in North London for £40 million
- Sale of a notable country house and estate for £10 million
- Negotiating the purchase of a leasehold building from a US company in Mayfair, and contemporaneous acquisition of the freehold from Grosvenor Estates for £13 million
- Incorporating and refinancing of a prime residential portfolio in Kensington circa £34 million
- Purchase of a mixed-use country farm estate in Bedfordshire
- Sale & Leaseback of manufacturing premises in the Midlands on an expedited basis in the face of insolvency, saving 90 jobs.
- Granted Freedom of the City of London 2010
- Spending time with family
- Formula One and motorsport
- Various charitable interests